Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Reading

I've been doing a lot of reading lately. Some of the books, I can't remember a week later while others stay with me and I find myself thinking about them days, weeks, and even months afterward. And when a book is really special, I find myself picking up a new book and wishing it was a continuation of the one I just finished.

What I don't want is to become a critic, so I plan to only post about books I liked and if you don't see a book here, it doesn't mean I didn't read it. It just means I didn't love, love, love it. The reason I don't want to critique books here is two-fold:

1) I now know how much work and love goes into writing a novel and I look at it as a huge accomplishment for that author, and

2) Just because I didn't like it doesn't mean you won't.

1 comment:

  1. That's the difference between us. I have no qualms ranting about all of the bad writing and story lines that I wasted my time reading, as well as raving about the 'awe'some books I have been privileged enough to come across. I might just have to start my own to contrast your blog :)

    ReplyDelete