Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shiver and Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

My sister recommended Shiver to me a while ago and I put it off because by it's description it's about a girl in love with a wolf. I'm not really into werewolves and at the beginning of the book, the infatuation the main character, Grace, has with the wolf who saved her life was a little too much for me.

BUT, as the story went on, I loved it. Lucky for me, the librarian at my local branch recommended I check out Linger at the same time as Shiver because it was in and can be really hard to get because of its popularity.

Because of this, I was able to finish Shiver and pick up Linger immediately. I may have liked Linger even more than Shiver. Linger was definitely one of those books that I finished, started another one, and wished the entire time that I was still reading about Sam and Grace.

What made these so interesting to me was that the narrator was switched throughout Shiver from Grace to Sam so you got to see things from both perspectives while still having insight into their private thoughts.

Linger was so much cooler because the narration opened up to two more characters, making it a total of four people whose heads you have access into.

Also, the writing style was unique and like no other I've read. I definitely recommend this series and can't wait for the third installment, Forever, to come out.

1 comment: