Thursday, September 30, 2010

Stupid Internet

Months ago, I reluctantly started a new novel (for those of you not in the know, I finished my first novel in March 2010 and have been actively querying it to agents with no success). I didn't want to, but it was an idea that kept haunting me so I set out to write and finish the first draft quickly. My goal was 2-3 months. I should have kept writing, but life got hectic and I took a break. Now I'm finding it really hard to get back into it.

I wrote a few paragraphs in it today and then got distracted by some stupid websites (yes, Facebook included). I can't help but feel I'm wasting time, but I had a good thought. If I'm not completely absorbed by the characters, if the story can't keep MY interest, what hope is there that it'll keep a reader's interest?

So I've decided to keep "breaking" until I find the passion again. Thoughts?

2 comments:

  1. Get off Facebook. You know I get along just fine w/o it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. IT is so easy to get distracted! I think it's great that you are coming up with another story line! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete