Wednesday, December 15, 2010

New York, New York

Saturday my husband and I are leaving for New York to celebrate our 4th Wedding Anniversary. It will be a short trip (we fly back on Tuesday), but I am excited to be there during Christmastime. I've been in the summer and have always wanted to go back in the Fall or Winter. I'm not looking forward to the cold, but I'm sure we'll still have a great time.

The only thing (yes, there's a thing as there always is with me) is that I'd hoped over the past few years that the next time I go to New York, it would be to sign a writing contract -- whether it was a contract for an agent or for the sale of my book, it didn't matter.

So, going to New York on vacation is still great, but I can't help but feel a little sad that I still am no closer to publishing my book.

I've promised myself I will pick up writing Book 2 after the Holidays. It really is a cool story and I'm excited to get back into it.

3 comments:

  1. Awe Ashley! So sorry! Still no word from publisher?
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heard from agent. It was a "no". I have two more queries out there I'm waiting to hear from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. okay good! Praying for the other two. Did the "no" have any words of advice ?
    Caroline

    ReplyDelete