Monday, February 14, 2011

Love

I thought it was time for a new post even though I don't have anything super exciting to say. I have been reading another book since the last one I talked about on here, but it's just not clicking for me. I hate not finishing a book, but this one is due back to the library tomorrow and there are no extensions for it. So it will go on my "Unfinished" pile, well, the pile is imaginary since this one's going back, but you get the point.

I haven't been posting any updates on my writing goals because well, I'm sure you can guess, I haven't been writing in Book 2.

The good news is that I have been doing better on my weight loss goal (-6 lbs in two weeks), but again, this isn't supposed to be about weight.

The reason I titled this post "Love" is two-fold. First, of course, because it's Valentine's Day. Second is because even though I haven't been writing in Book 2, I got another idea for a third book and I couldn't get it out of my head so I just wrote the first few pages to open up the story. It was a lot of fun because it's first person but from a male's perspective which is very foreign to me since I don't have any brothers and guys have always been a huge mystery to me.

At first I was disappointed with myself for beginning a brand new story when I still have half of a whole book to write (and I really want to finish it), but then I remembered what writing is all about. It's about me enjoying it and writing because I love it. And why would I write something I don't love?

Hopefully, I won't give up (like I want to right now. I want to give up so bad you don't even know). And hopefully I will finish both of these new books and maybe one day far, far away (or not so far away) I can say I published something. But if not, at least I can say I loved doing it.

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I want to hear all about what book #2 and book #3 are all about. Most importantly have fun! Even if you are jumping from book to book!

    ReplyDelete