Friday, June 24, 2011

Crit Partners and Updates

Has it really been a month since I last posted? Huh. Time really does go by faster the older you get. Well, I've been knee-deep in revisions of Immersed and reading, of course. I recently started reading Spoiled by Heather Cocks and Jessica Morgan who run a fun fashion blog called Go Fug Yourself.

I ran across their blog about 4 years ago and still periodically check it. I'm not sure why really. I've never been to LA. I'm not really into what movie stars are doing, and I really have no fashion sense at all. But I keep going back. Now that I think about it, it's got to be because of the two writer's humor.

Spoiled is not cohesive with my usual tastes, but has been entertaining and funny nonetheless. I'll give a review once I'm finished.

On another note, in the last few months I've been forming critique partners and it's turned out to be hugely helpful. One of my favorites is Mindee Arnett. She's provided me with invaluable feedback, and when I read her manuscript, I replied "You are definitely getting this published" along with a few notes. Not long after, she wrote me an email letting me know that she got an agent.

How exciting! I'll share more about her book when she does, and will post about when it will hit shelves. Y'all are going to love it. And it's just surreal to me because I visit author blogs all the time and they're all the time talking about a book we'll love, but that it's not on shelves yet and I always think "How cool would that be?"

And now I can say that about a book. Tee hee.

So congratulations Mindee! Here's her blog. Go check her out.


1 comment:

  1. Thanks Ashley! You were a big help with your feedback. :)

    ReplyDelete