Monday, July 25, 2011

Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day by Judith Viorst

I faintly remember this book from childhood and vaguely remember liking it so the other day when I was looking for something "fresh" to read my daughter, I picked this up from my husband's huge pile of childhood memorabilia.

And I fell in love with it. It captures exactly the way children react when things don't go their way. And adults, too, for that matter.

My favorite line is Alexander's response to when his friend tells him he's his third best friend and it goes something like this (not an exact quote): "I hope you sit on a tack. I hope the next time you eat a strawberry ice cream cone, the ice cream part falls off the cone part and lands in Australia."

Perfection, right? Haven't we all wished the same on people who are frustrating us?

Seriously, even if you don't have kids, go out and purchase this book. Or at least browse it at the bookstore.

No comments:

Post a Comment